A 2014 Careerbuilder survey of 2,201 hiring managers revealed the most common blunders that caused them to reject a candidate based on their interview:
- 55% appeared disinterested.
- 53% spoke negatively about current or former employers.
- 49% answered their cell phones or typed a text message during the interview.
- 39% appeared uninformed about the role; 33% failed to provide examples.
- 20% provided too much personal information.
- 17% asked the hiring manager personal questions.
- 70% failed to make eye contact.
- 44% failed to smile.
- 35% had bad posture/fidgeted too much in their seat.
Don’t be that candidate! Download our Comprehensive Interview Preparedness Guide by clicking here.